Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Man's Best Friend...

Most people cringe when they ask what kind of dog we have and the response is, "A pit bull." Trust me, it wasn't a decision we came to easily. I remember when Justin approached me 2 years ago and suggested we get a dog. I was thinking a cute little frilly dog, or maybe even a family golden retriever or labrador. He had a different idea. I said "No" right off the bat and there was zero room for discussion. I was 3 months pregnant and imagining a rabid dog snapping at my firstborn. Then Justin started watching The Dog Whisperer and reading books about how to train family dogs. I came to realize that if you invest the time to raise a disciplined, obedient dog, any dog can be a family dog. I reluctantly agreed to give it a try. We brought "Blaze" home and immediately fell in love. He was such a cute puppy!

Justin did all the things that "Cesar" suggested and has really raised an obedient, well-behaved dog. I give him all the credit. He gets along great with kids and Caden just adores him. I love to watch the two of them just roll around together. I'm not so excited when Blaze kisses Caden IN the mouth, but what can you do? I've actually heard a dog's mouth has less bacteria than a human's. Is this possible? I've seen the dog eat his own you know what in the backyard. Hmmm. Anyways, here are some fun pictures of Caden and Blaze having some best friend fun.

This one is from a while ago, but it's so cute. Waiting for Daddy to get home..




If you look closely, you can see the dog actually has its toungue in its nose. Wild.

No comments: