Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dallin's First Hockey Game

It's officially hockey season! There's a liveliness in our house that's only here this time of year.. or maybe that's just from my perspective. Growing up near Buffalo, NY, you plan things around the Sabres games. I have endless memories of my family gathered around the television rooting on the guys, yelling at the refs, and cheering for a good fight. My older brother played hockey for 11 years and my dad coached. We did lots of traveling to support them and I really developed a love for the game. Moving to Arizona, I quickly learned that hockey is a foreign activity. I couldn't believe it when Justin told me he'd NEVER been to a game. Tragedy! I happily obliged and took him to a few games. Although games in Phoenix are not as loud and enthusiastic as the ones in Buffalo, it's still fun to be in the arena and watching them play. I'm grateful to have a husband who is willing to get excited and learn about the things I like. He even joined our family's Fantasy Hockey League this year! What a sport! We took Caden to a few games last year, and he seems to enjoy watching "hayee" on our NHL ticket. So we decided to get a Coyotes season ticket mini-pack this year to get the boys even more excited. Our first game was a blast and both boys were really good. Go Coyotes and Go SABRES!!

Dallin's very first game! He held on almost the whole time, but eventually fell asleep in the middle of the third period.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I love hockey games. My girls are always excited to see a good fight!