Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh, HAIL no!!

Today was one of those days where I was trying to catch up on the cleaning that didn't happen over the weekend. I love how people think its so easy to keep the house clean when you're a stay at home mom. It's actually pretty tricky! You've really got to utilize nap times and get creative with keeping the kids occupied when they're awake. And today Dallin wanted to be held and "cooed at" a whole lot. So when he finally dozed off to sleep, I went to town on my cleaning. I noticed the storm clouds start rolling in, and shorty after that, I heard banging against our bedroom windows. My first thought was that Caden had snuck out the doggy door again and was hitting the window with his baseball bat. He'd wake up the baby for sure! I couldn't believe it when I looked outside and saw the hail and downpour of rain! I quickly grabbed Caden to show him the spectacle and he was eager to check it out in person. So here are some pictures of our hail storm and Caden playing in the rain for the very first time!

Okay, so don't judge our backyard by this picture.. we are in the process of redoing the whole thing! But here's a cool pic of the hail and rain just pouring down!

Here's a closer look at the size of the hail!

Caden was a little reluctant to play in the rain at first, but when he saw mommy splashing around, he figured it was legit...

This is GREAT! I can't believe they're lettin' me do this!

Does this mean I don't have to take a bath tonight?

A glimpse of the rainbow...

But I don't WANNA come in!

No comments: